Monday, November 23, 2009

Conversations at Vulcan

On the walk up to this large statue and view of the city, a locked gate leads up to the site. This is a frustration for it means a walker must continue the walk down in uncomfortable conditions before climbing up their long driveway. No way was I going to do this on the way back.

While a group of second graders settled down to listen to a corpulent guide blab blab blab, my steps quietly descended down the stairs where the management offices existed with a path out to the gate.

Officeman: Hello ma’am, can I help you?

Whirlway: Well, I walked all the way up from Downtown and, well, the last part was a little compromising and I was going to exit down there.

Officeman: How?

Whirlway: There is a locked gate and I was going to jump over it.

Officeman: Let me go get the key.

Yes Officeman that would be a lot easier; I could break a nail.

No comments:

Post a Comment